Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mr. Unavailable!

I am trying to break this habit of falling for unavailable men.  I don't know why it happens, but I'm trying to figure that out.  I think I just pick bad guys...their either creepers, married, or totally not interested.  How can you not be interested in me...i'm fuckin sweet.  Wow that was a little conseded.  I think I fear real relationships mainly because I fear  becoming like my parents.  Or being with  somebody like my father.   There  is a trend with the women in my family to play meek, mild women role.  They do everything that there husband says to do.  I don't like that outfit, it makes you look fat.  Okay i'll go change.  Or Go make dinner..and they automatically do it.  My favorite is when my dad calls my mom every hour to see where she is and what she is doing.  I'll be damned if I am in another relationship like that.  Where they love you when its convient for them, but other than that you're kind of on your own.   I had a relationship like that off and on for 3 years.  I finally realized that he was like my dad and i was acting like my mom.  He was controlling me and he made me feel like all the problems in the relationships were my fault.   When we would break up I would go crawling back because I thought it was my fault.(yeah we broke up and got back together 4 times)     That was the end of relationships for a long while. Wait thats right I haven't had a real relationship since my freshman year.   Every time I watch sex and the city , it makes me feel better about the lifestyle I lead.   More than I like to admit I get lonely and pissed off that I don't have a boyfriend.  All of my friends are hitched so I am always the third wheel.   Everyone tells me people I should date or people that would be good for me, but I'm just not attracted to the people they throw in front of me.   It's not like i'm a total loser i do get action  and could have gotten laid by a least 5 men that i know of the Ace Frehley concert.  as i said before creepers or married men included in that 5. not a good plan.  All we could do anyways would be to have casual meaningless sex.  I don't think i could do that...my emotions would get the best of me.   So the big question why do I attach myself to people that can't reciprocate.  People tell me I do this because I'm afraid of getting hurt and attaching myself to unavailable men will spare me in some way.  They say because I know nothing will ever happen with this unavailable man that I shouldn't expect anything.  Just do it for the fun.  When you start getting in a friendship/emotional relationship with that person and start caring about his well being  you're kind of screwed with the not getting hurt thing.     Am I over analyzing this relationship thing...should i just chill the fuck out and bang any guy that comes along and totally disregard my emotions.   I'm only 20 years old and  already have this wall up and only certain people, my parents not included, get past it.  I don't think that's very healthy.  Now that I'm just babbling i think i should stop and ponder on my own time. 

No comments: