Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Patty's Day 5k




Probably many of you know that Emily and I are on this mission to run a half marathon.  So we had to start small with a 5k.  I was a swimmer all my life not a runner because my asthma got in the way.  The doctor said that swimming would help my breathing troubles.  Running was just too frustrating, but in december I wanted to try again.  Well Emily has been kicking my ass into shape with 3 miles a day snow, rain or shine.  I take my inhaler twice before I go running and it seems to help but there is still that tightness in my chest.  I learned the other day not taking a drug for your asthma and just taking the inhaler can damage your lungs.  well shit.  You know what else can damage your lungs...smoking.  well I'm screwed twice over.   I'll get it figured out or as Korey Brown says work it out Lynzi.   Anyways on Sunday was my first race ever in life and I did pretty well. My time was a little slow at 30min but considering that I walked for a  total of 1 min it wasn't too bad.  If you want to see this mighty duo run or want to join the mighty duo we will be at the following locations. 



AMA run for access to Care(5k)
East Lansing
April 6th

RAT race (5k)
Mt. Pleasant
April 26th

Beat the Grandma(5k)
Grand Rapids
May 3rd


Pace for Prevention(5k)
Tampa, Fl
May 17th

MG 5k in May(5k)
Grand Rapids
May 17th

Sgt. Doreen Scrimenti Scholarship Race(5k)
Staten Island, NY
June 8th

Major Eugene McCarthy memorial Run
Brooklyn, NY
June 14th

Mint City 10 miler
St. Johns
August 9th

Coldwater Mini triathlon (Maybe ...I don't like the coldwater lake...it's full of leaches eww)
Coldwater, MI
August 23rd

Eight Mile Run 
Mackinaw Island
September 6th

2008 Gazelle Sports Bridge Run(10k)
Grand Rapids
September 20th

Detroit Free Press Half Marathon
Detroit
October 19th

Great Turtle 5.7 run
Mackinaw Island
October 25th 






 

No comments: