Thursday, September 20, 2007

Generation X-Nay?

I was just watching the Cobert Report and we as generation were refered to as genereation X-nay. He was talking about the guy that got tasered at the John Kerry Speech on the campus of University of Florida. He got tasered for what shooting off his mouth at John Kerry telling him he was in skull and Bones with Bush. That is no reason to taser somebody by any means. The thing that came to my attention was the students in the background were just sitting there like bambi in headlights. They did nothing to help their fellow student. Yes they might get tasered or put in jail themselves but honestly help a guy out. Cobert then talked about the fact that we are a youtube, blogging generation. If we want to stand up for something we don't actually do it, we blog about it. Or the other reason he thought that the students didn't help out was they are to used to watching youtube videos. How many times do you go on you tube and watch a guy getting hit by two cars at once or a guy getting thrown out of window; just jackass events. We are so used to watching horrible acts of violence that when it comes down to the wire we watch the event like it was movie. I don't know, I feel that I would step in and help. I am loud an obnoixous in my opinions in the first place, so I would probably get tasered as well. I don't think you can categorize a whole generation as lazy side liners that don't take action. Generation X-Nay, I think we are better than that.

No comments: