Tuesday, September 18, 2007

thoughts of the day


Okay this is a big time waister. I should be doing other things but some how i get stuck on the computer stalking people on facebook or watching you tube videos. This is what not practicing has brought to me... a life of computers, reading, and getting fat. No not really but it had a nice ring to it. I haven't touched my piano in 4 months now and kind of miss it. I really did hate the piano at the end of last year. That consistent nagging in my head of your not lang lang so why even play. It just broke me down so i decided if i can't take the heat I would step out of the kitchen for awhile. Maybe I'll start playing this semester again just for fun. I have to do my advanced ensemble sometime but I thought instead of doing the classic lets make a quartet and playing boring music that nobody will listen too... why not start a rock band. That would make the whole music faculty besides Scott keel over and die. I think it would be more beneficial to study something that I enjoy than something that I wouldn't get anything out of because i'm bored to tears aka classical quartets. I mean don't get me wrong I respect muscians you do them but it's just not for me. On that subject Why can't there be a major of Rock n Roll. Please somebody tell me. Jazz was once said to be an unacceptable major, I mean Central doesn't have it but many other places do. There is more to Rock n Roll then just power chords people!!! Lets get with the times.

No comments: